What is a Memory

Memory....is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~Oscar Wilde~

Monday, June 29, 2009

The guilty mom vs The guilty employee....

Why is it that we feel guilty when we miss work to take care of our family? Why does society put this dark cloud over you if you decide that your family comes before your career? I certainly feel that way when I take care of my family in place of work. It is a constant tug of war that I am tired of playing with! It is such a waste of my time and energy that could be spent elsewhere, such as taking care of my family....So this is where I am at; my family will always come first and my job second. I will never again feel guilty because I spent time away from work to take care of my family. I just hope that I am not the only mom who feels this way.....

1 comments:

A July 7, 2009 at 9:26 AM  

you are definitely not the only mom that feels that way! I haven't worked since the boys are born, only because I feel too guilty to even think of getting a job. I know that I'd be a pretty lousy employee and just not care if I were to get a job now =)

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

Family....

When you look at your life, the greatest happinnesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers~

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.  ~Confucius

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Fairness....

The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness. ~Nancy Mitford~

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP