What is a Memory

Memory....is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~Oscar Wilde~

Friday, June 26, 2009

Where we are....

Olivia had her first surgery yesterday...tubes in the ears. It was a scary mom moment for me, but I did not cry! I just sulked in the waiting room for about fifteen minutes. They came and got me soon after and she was done! So now we will wait and see if her hearing improves. It has been an interesting roller coaster the past few months with all that has been going on with her. She was diagnosed with a hearing impairment and the doctor is hoping that this improves her hearing. Unfortunatly her hearing is double the loss of normal hearing loss for children who need tubes in their ears....So we will wait and see.
I was working during this whole time at this new job that I got. I have decided to go ahead and quit...I analyzed and overanalyzed and prayed about it. I came to the conclusion that if I wanted my child to "catch up" to where other children her age were, then I needed to stay home with her and work one on one. She is going to speech therapy and lots of doctor's appointments; this equals barely any time at work. So that is where I am right now....

0 comments:

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

Family....

When you look at your life, the greatest happinnesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers~

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.  ~Confucius

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Fairness....

The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness. ~Nancy Mitford~

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP