What is a Memory

Memory....is the diary that we all carry about with us. ~Oscar Wilde~

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Sad Heart....

Last night I found out that two of my childhood friends, sisters, lost their 22 year old brother. The sadness that comes with this news is overwhelming. I began to think about all of the things in my life that are not truly important. Our pastor last week did a sermon on How to Live Everyday Like it is your Last....It is hitting hard now that someone did have their last day and I wondered how they lived it. Did they get the chance to do what they had wanted before they died? This is obviously of some serious thought....
Forgiveness is a tough one to pull through. If you were to die tomorrow would you want to die knowing that you have forgiven those who have hurt you? Those people who shattered your life or just scared it...would you want to have forgiven them before you died?
Moments come quick and pass even quicker. I decided this past year to stay home with Olivia so that I could have more time with her and work with her on her speech therapy. Since I have stayed home with her I have noticed these little moments in our day that I was missing while at work. The little kisses she plants on my lips every morning while eating her cereal...milky and all! The times when her and I are playing on the floor and she comes to sit in my lap. I'm not sure why she sits in my lap...the floor seems fine, but knowing that she chose MY lap is so special. These moments would have gone unnoticed if I did not choose to stay home with her.
Money defintely does not grow on trees. Worrying about money seems to be a constant in my life and many others, at least I hope so. Where would you like to be financially when you die? Why do we buy these little things that cost money and do not really matter instead of spending money on activities or time with family?
All of these things have been streaming through my head since I heard this sad news. It gave me the opportunity to re-evaluate where I stand in my life. Some things have turned out exactly the way I want them, but other things need work and it is something I am going to really try for since life IS so short. He was after all only 22....

0 comments:

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

The soul is healed by being with children. ~Fyodor Dostoevsky~

Family....

When you look at your life, the greatest happinnesses are family happinesses. ~Joyce Brothers~

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it. ~Confucius

Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it.  ~Confucius

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Stay a child while you can be a child. ~Stephen Sondheim~

Fairness....

The great advantage of living in a large family is that early lesson of life's essential unfairness. ~Nancy Mitford~

  © Blogger template Brooklyn by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP